The old media double standard is alive and well. And there is absolutely nothing anyone can do to prevent it.
Yesterday, in Spartanburg SC, Republican Candidate Michele Bachmann confused the anniversary of Elvis Presley's birth with the anniversary of his death.
And the leftwing media immediately launched into a feeding frenzy to completely vilify her.
Ms. Bachmann should take this as a high compliment, since they normally reserve this treatment for people they truly fear, like Ronald Reagan, Rush Limbaugh or Sarah Palin. Michele is now in good company.
Their technique is pretty simple. They will leap on any gaffe made by any Republican or Conservative while totally ignoring any gaffe made by one of their own liberal icons. They will magnify and exploit any speaking error made by anyone who opposes their radical agenda.
And everyone who speaks in public will occasionally make a mistake.
Want proof? Then read on...
Want proof? Then read on...
|CBS reluctantly had to fire him|
The leftwing media sees themselves as the official propaganda corps of the Democrat Party. This was pretty obvious when Dan Rather was using forged documents on 60 Minutes to attempt to discredit President Bush and help elect John Kerry.
During the 2000 election we got to see the mainstream news anchors switch from jubilant (when Gore was ahead) to downright depressed when Bush went ahead.
Peter Jennings even said on the air "We might lose this one" when Florida was moved from the Gore column to the undecided column late in the night. Exactly what did he mean by "we?"
Consider the following: the leftwing media had a feeding frenzy over the following mistakes made by politicians on the right:
* Dan Quayle didn't realize potato was spelled wrong (a unionized teacher wrote it on a card)
* Sarah Palin said she could see Russia from her house (Although, Palin never said it)
* GW Bush can't pronounce "nuclear" properly. He pronounced it just like Jimmy Carter does.
* Michele Bachmann confused the anniversary of Elvis' birth with the anniversary of his death.
Those first three items were milked for all they were worth as "proof that Republicans are stupid people." That Quayle gaffe happened 30 years ago, and Jay Leno is still telling jokes about it as proof that Dan Quayle is a dope.
The last one will now be used to bludgeon Michele Bachmann and to discredit the Tea Party Movement!
But, lets take a look at the serious REAL mistakes made by liberals that the mainstream media chose to ignore completely. These aren't just random slips of the tongue, these are people who are complete idiots, who just can't speak without a written script and a teleprompter.
* Barack Obama said "I've now been in 57 states — I think one left to go."
* Barack Obama, after bowling 129 " it was like Special Olympics, or something."
* Barack Obama, after police investigated a reported robbery "The Cambridge police acted stupidly."
* Barack Obama mispronounced ''Corpsman'' during a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast
* Barack Obama, confused German for ''Austrian,'' a language which does not exist
* Barack Obama: ''The Middle East is an issue that has plagued the region for centuries.''
* Barack Obama said ''this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died"
* Joe Biden said JOBS is a three letter word.
* Joe Biden said "When the stock market crashed, FDR went on TV and told us about it"
* Joe Biden asked a man in a wheelchair to "stand up and take a bow"
* Joe Biden talks about Delaware history “My state was a slave state.”
* Al Gore couldn't recognize statues of Washington and Jefferson at Monticello.
* Al Gore falsely claimed he invented the internet, and discovered Love Canal
* Al Gore once said "A zebra does not change its spots."
* Al Gore: "It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water"
* Hank Johnson told us that Guam would "tip over" if we sent more Marines there.
* Nancy Pelosi said "every month 500 million Americans lose their jobs."
* Bill Clinton: "African Americans watch the same news at night that ordinary Americans do."
* Harry Reid said this about Barack Obama "...he's light-skinned," and with "no negro dialect."
* Janet Napolitano, after a terrorist almost blew up an airplane with a bomb in his briefs: "The system worked."
|Biden may hold the record|
There are plenty more, but I think I gave enough examples to make my point.
If ANY of the above was said by a Republican or a Conservative, the media would have gone berserk.
But since they were all said by their leftwing friends, they were immediately dismissed and forgotten.
The double standard is indeed alive and well.