Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Arnold Schwarzenegger has "Kennedy Style" Scandal


The Schwarzenegger's at happier times

LA, May 17, 2011. Former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, who is married to Maria Shriver acknowledged Tuesday, he had fathered a child with a woman who worked at the couple's Brentwood estate. 

Unfortunately, Gov. Schwarzenegger seems to have acquired the Kennedy knack for infidelity by simply marrying into the family. 

To his credit though, Schwarzenegger hasn't killed anyone yet, like Uncle Teddy did.

Maria  Shriver, his wife of 25 years, a former TV news correspondent and a member of the Kennedy family, issued her own statement Tuesday reflecting what her friends described as the devastating and utterly shocking collapse of a marriage that had captured national attention.

Shriver had moved out of the house and into a Beverly Hills hotel earlier this year.

"As a mother, my concern is for the children," she said. "I ask for compassion, respect and privacy as my children and I try to rebuild our lives and heal. I will have no further comment."

Tammy Tousignant, mistress
The disclosure set off a clamor in a city that has always been intrigued by the celebrity wattage produced by this literal marriage of show business and politics.

Reporters and camera crews crowded around the looming stone gates near the couple's home, craning for a sight of the former governor.

Friends of both Schwarzenegger and Shriver expressed astonishment not only at his actions but also that he eluded detection by the public and his family over the course of his very public life.

Schwarzenegger told his wife about the affair only late last year, when his public service career had come to end, and shortly after the mother of his son left the job with severance after working for the family for 20 years.

"I'm totally shocked"
"After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago," he said in a statement. "I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses, and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I have apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry."

Former President Bill Clinton expressed his shock and revulsion over the news about the Schwarzenegger affair. "I just don't understand how a man can do something like this to his wife and family" the former President told us.

No comments:

Post a Comment