|Barack Hussein Obama lives like a king|
Do the math. That means we spend not just a little more... or even a lot more... but a staggering twenty five times more entertaining and providing for our presidential family as the British do for their royal family.
We have always spent a lot of money on our first family, but the Obamas have taken this to new levels, smashing all previous records.
President Barack Hussein Obama, D-Kenya, has the largest staff in our history, and they get paid the highest wages. Despite a well publicized wage freeze early on, the President has continued to give his staff huge raises making them the highest paid serving any president in our history.
He has dozens of appointed Czars who are well paid and completely unaccountable to anyone but him. And the President keeps Air Force One in the air almost constantly, which consumes thousands of dollars per minute. And a lot of the time these expenses are to transport him around for fund raising campaigning, and not for any intended official purpose.
How much sense does it make to take a $2 million trip to raise $1 million? Well, it makes perfect sense if the taxpayers pay for the expenses, and you get to keep the proceeds for your reelection committee.
This is another story that the mainstream media refuses to report. Taxpayer dollars are subsidizing Obama’s re-election effort when he uses Air Force One to jet across the country campaigning.
When the trip is deemed political, it’s customary for the president to pay the equivalent of a first class commercial ticket for certain passengers. But that doesn't even come close to covering the taxpayer cost of flying the president and his staffers around on Air Force One.
In effect, the President can buy his own reelection, using taxpayer funds.
Aside from a salary, the president gets a $50,000 a year expense account, a $100,000 travel account, $19,000 entertainment budget and an additional million for “unanticipated needs,"
Here is a some examples of other pricey taxpayer funded perks exclusively reserved for the president:
- The president can to appoint high-paid staffers without Senate confirmation: Obama has 469 senior staffers and 226 are paid more than $100,000 a year. Seventy-seven are paid as much as $172,000 per year. He also has appointed 43 “czars.”
- The president can vacation for free at Camp David: and each round trip made to Camp David costs the taxpayers $25,350. It’s also estimated that the combined transportation and personnel costs for a Camp David visit are $295,000 per night.
- When the President and his family vacations, which is pretty often unless he is in campaign mode, he likes to bring along hundreds and sometimes thousands of guests. Some of these are personal friends, but most are campaign donors. This imposes huge costs on the taxpayers.
- The president has a full-time movie projectionist in the White House theater. Projectionists sleep at the White House and are there 24 hours a day in case anyone needs to see a movie.
- The president’s family’s gets certain travel and security expenses paid while vacationing. First Lady Michelle Obama drew flack from the media and irate citizens when it was disclosed that, not counting Saturdays and Sundays, she spent 42 days on vacation — within the span of one year.
- The president’s dog gets its own high-paid staffer His dog Bo and his handler get flown to join the President on some of his vacations. Bo’s dog handler was paid $102,000, last year.
- The president has his mother-in-law on the White House payroll as a babysitter for his two teenaged daughters! And she gets to go with them on every luxury vacation and lavish trip.